As you guys know I don’t believe if you pay a gazillion dollars for a product it has to be better than something that’s $5.00. Some of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen with the shiniest hair, clearest and smoothest skin, and long healthy nails have been in the poor towns of my homeland –Dominican Republic. I love celebrity make-up artist Shalini Vadhera’s book Passport To Beauty.
This book takes us around the world, and introduces us to different cultures and their very inexpensive beauty secrets. Let me share some with you:
1) For smooth skin Mexican woman take coarse sea salt, rubbing it into their bodies and letting it mix with the water.
2) Chilean women keep their skin fabulous using white grapes and 1 teaspoon of white flour. They mash it up and it makes an excellent mask.!
3) Dominican women pour seltzer water onto their hair after a shower for straighter shinier hair. (I never knew this) lol
4) For long shiny thick hair Indian women give themselves a lush hot coconut oil scalp massage once a week. Nothing keeps their hair better. (i've told you about my coconut oil addiction many times)
5) Women of Fiji take coconut oil and pure organic sugar and use it to exfoliate their skin. (again my coconut oil addiction)
What are some of your beauty secrets?
Please Share them with us!
Here are some of mine:
DE Beauty Secret 1
Beauty Secret 2