It took me a long time to learn how to eat better. Growing up Dominican, I was surrounded by delicious but very fattening foods lacking in nutritional value. But then I started looking at my mother and realized that she looked incredibly young for someone who was close to sixty. So my diet began to change, and in addition to using amazing topical products on my skin and hair, I also began eating certain foods for their beauty and nutritional value. So here are some foods that I eat that will keep you beautiful: You can find all of these at Whole Foods.
1) Green Tea-loaded with antioxidants, Mr. DE and I make sure we have our morning talk before work, while drinking a huge cup of this. (Mr. DE is just as vain as I am.) lol
2) For Great Skin- Alaska Salmon “Dr. Nicholas Perricone author of the book “The Wrinkle Cure” claims that “the special essential fatty acids and antioxidants in salmon give skin a remarkable suppleness, radiance and youthful glow.” I agree. I eat salmon and see the benefits.
3) For longer hair-eat foods rich in sulfur and protein like eggs, yogurt and even meat-(I grill my chicken breast on the George Foreman!). Also foods rich in silica and iron like salads will increase hair growth as well. One of my close friends is an Indian Goddess, and she swears that turmeric helps her hair grow.
4) Fruits & Vegetables. When I go to the Dominican Republic and see my ninety year old, white as snow Great Aunt, looking as if she’s fifty, I had to ask her, what’s her secret? She says fruits! That’s all she eats. After that conversation, I began incorporating fruit in my diet a lot more. For breakfast, I try to eat a huge bowl of fruits, and if I don’t eat vegetables in the day, I have a greens shake.
5) No Stress-I know this isn’t a food, but I just wanted to mention that stress can wreak serious havoc on your beauty. Mally Roncal said something very powerful to me, “If it doesn’t matter in 5 years from now, then it just doesn’t matter. Worrying gives you wrinkles!” So don’t stress yourself out. Eat right, and Enjoy being beautiful.
Do you eat anything for beauty?
Winner of the Jan Marini Serum is Chyvone Caraballo! You lucky girl. You have 2 days to contact me or the prize goes to someone else. Tomorrow you guys will meet an extraordinary woman, and we're having a huge Lancome giveaway.