Coconut & Honey
1) Coconut Oil-Enough said. Read here.
If you don't feel like reading, here's a quick summary, coconut oil was tested amongst other oils, and was the only oil that actually worked on hair. The others just sat on your hair and did nothing.
2) Honey-powerful humectant that is loaded with vitamins and minerals, that are so essential for shiny hair.
Mix these two together. Apply to hair and leave on for about 15 minutes. Also, massage your scalp. So important especially for hair growth.
When removing, make sure you rinse hair with water and half a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar. Apple Cider Vinegar will give you the shiniest hair ever, HOWEVER, you will stink like a straight salad. The smell goes away after a few hours. I once took the subway right after using the apple cider vinegar, lets just say, the train was packed like crazy with passengers, but strangely, the seat next to me remained empty. LOL
If you're scared of smelling like a salad then I highly suggest you mix it with an essential oil.
You can get coconut oil pretty much at any health food store. Get the unrefined one too. Lately though I've been making my own. I might do a youtube on that too.
Bananas for hair
Hope this helps.
Also, a great thing about Coconut oil is you can use it for so many things.
1) Removing eye makeup
2) Moisturizing your dry winter skin. Mix it up with an essential oil if you're not comfortable with the smell.
3) Cook with it. I make a mean coconut salmon using coconut oil.
4) Someone on twitter recently tweeted to me about using it as a mouth wash. Not sure if I'd do that, but hey, they said it's great for preventing tooth decay.
Do you want to share some of your Do it Yourself Beauty Recipes?
Have a great weekend!