Girls, sorry I've been so MIA. Life has been crazy. Anyway you girls know Milly is a makeup addict. It's rare when I'm actually loyal to a makeup product, but for the past month, there's a palette, I've been using every single day. Sometimes, I'll use it in the morning to create my professional work look, or at night for a dramatic sexy look if I'm going out with the girls or with Mr. Milly. It's the Urban Decay, The Vice palette. Click below to read my review, swatches, and see a look I created using the palette.
Urban Decay is known for making kick butt palettes. Naked 1 is still a staple for me, but the Vice Palette is insane for a few reasons. First off, I'd like to apologize for not showing you better pictures of my palette, and only my instagram pic. A certain 2 year old seems to think my beauty products are his toys, so my Vice palette's looks like a hot mess. Blame the kid below. LOL:
Back to the palette. The packaging is incredibly chic. It's packaged in a deep purple rubbery case (only problem is, it can get full of fingerprints which don't come off, but hey). Second, you get 20 new shadows and the amount of looks you can create with this palette are endless. During the day I'm normally a neutral girl, but at night I love a good deep smokey or to add a bright color or two, and I'm able to accomplish it all and then some with this palette. The palette contains a great mix of neutrals, mattes, satin, shimmer and glitter finishes. Let's get into swatches. All of these swatches are from Left to Right:
1) Desperation: a gorgeous taupe-really good pigment on this one
2) Muse-A dark brown with gold shimmer. great pigment on this.
3) Jagged -an olive brown with glitter. Very spotty pigment (as you can even see from pic) and massive fall out. I used this color once, and probably won't use it again. It was my least favorite.
4)Blitz-A stunning metallic yellow gold-I rock this a lot on my inner corner. One of my faves.
5)PennyLane- a gold with hints of peach. I love this color and use it the most.
6) Junkie-teal with shimmer-beautiful color-great pigment.
7) Chaos-OMG, I love this blue. Blues look great if you've got brown eyes. This is a very pigmented blue too. It's matte. Probably one of my fave colors in the palette.
8) Occupy-A grey shimmer. very good color pay off
9) Unhinged-A shimmery turquoise-great pigment.
10) Black Market-Charcoal black with a satin finish.love this. Use this often for a smokey eye or just my outer v area.
11)Provocateur-Pink with glitter. not my favorite, fall out city!
12) Rapture- gray purple with shimmer. great pigment
13) Vice-love this matte purple-very good pigment.
14) Noise-a reddish pink with gold glitter. very pretty color, didn't love the fall out.
15)Armor-brown gray metallic with glitter. good pigment
16) Nevermind-A light brown with hint of bronze-so pretty-great pigment
17) Echo Peach-a gold champagne color-very pretty pigment-great for inner corner
18)Anonymous-a matte pink nude-good pigment
19) Freebird-a peach pink with glitter-spotty pigment, and fall out
20)Laced-a matte pink beige. -pigment was ok
No this palette isn't 100% perfect, but I'd say it's 95% perfect, and with all the color choices, you may find yourself reaching for it the most often this winter. Also, with these bold colors, you may want to start experimenting more with eye looks. I never really thought to rock blue shadows, until I spotted that Chaos Color. Anyway, here's a quick neutral look I created with the palette. I used Blitz on the inner corner, Penny Lane on outer corner, Vice on crease, and black market on outer v. Blitz and Penny Lane both on the bottom Lash line.
This palette is limited edition for the holidays so stock up soon.
You get 20 shades for $59.00-thats a steal.
You can purchase here.